Nature provides a beautiful display of light every night as the sun sets. No two sunsets are ever the same and the color variations are chosen by Mother Nature herself. Use these beautiful sunset art print as inspiration when choosing the color palettes for your next decorating project.
Sunset Color Palette: Icelandic Sunset, Art Print by Maciej Duczynski
Sunset Color Palette: Sunset Serenade, Art Print by Diane Romanello
Sunset Color Palette: Sunset in the Yosemite Valley, 1868, Art Print by Albert Bierstadt
The first day of spring means warmer weather is on its way. To celebrate, BandagedEar.com created color palettes with inspiration from picnic-themed art prints, such as Luncheon at Argenteuil by Claude Monet and The Picnic by Francisco De Goya. The beautiful colors of nature are highlighted in these color palettes to provide decorating inspiration.
Picnic Color Palette: The Picnic by Francisco De Goya
Picnic Color Palette: The Picnic Party II by Jack Vettriano
The Triumph of the Eucharist, Art Print by Peter Paul Rubens
Sir Peter Paul Rubens was Flemish Baroque painter from the 17th century who established a high level of notoriety during his lifetime. In fact, he was one of the most successful painters during the entire Baroque era. He painted a variety of subjects such as religion, portraits, landscapes, history and allegorical subjects.
He was born in the town of Siegen, which is located in current-day Germany. After his father’s death, Rubens family moved to Antwerp in the Spanish Netherlands (current-day Belgium). During his formative years, Rubens received an education in artistic training and served as an apprentice to a variety of established artists.
Rubens traveled around Europe to study the works of masters, such as Titan, Raphael and Michelangelo. He received commissions to paint portraits, religious paintings for churchesand even found an employer. Eventually, he returned to Antwerp to establish his own studio. Read the rest of this entry »
As the Year of the Horse comes to an end, February 19, 2015 marks the Chinese New Year where we welcome in the Year of the Sheep. In Chinese tradition, each year is dedicated to one of twelve different animals: a dragon, horse, monkey, rat, boar, rabbit, dog, rooster, ox, tiger, snake or ram. The Chinese New Year typically falls in January or February and the celebrations last for 15 days.
People born in the Year of the Sheep are thought to be kind, loyal and good-natured. Sheep personalities are also adaptable and committed to their work. Some famous people born in the Year of the Sheep include Michelangelo, Mark Twain, Frida Kahlo and Julia Roberts.
When celebrating the New Year, is tradition to leave the past behind and start anew. Clean your home, get a haircut, wash your car or redecorate to start the New Year off right. BandagedEar.com has a variety of sheep art prints to celebrate the Year of the Sheep.
Every year, Pantone, LLC – the ultimate authority on color – designates a color of the year. Bold colors such as Radiant Orchid, Tangerine Tango and Honeysuckle were deemed the “it” colors. In 2015, you can expect to see a lot of red wine-inspired hues with Marsala being the color of the year.
Add Marsala to your color palette by replacing or adding new art prints to your home or office. BandagedEar.com offers high-quality art prints and framed art prints to help you take part in this trend in a budget-friendly way. Check out some of the top picks from our home decor experts:
Vincent van Gogh was a Post-Impressionist Dutch painter who was most well-known for his bold paintings such as The Starry Night, Vase with Twelve Sunflowers and Starry Night Over the Rhone. Use these beautiful color palettes inspired by Van Gogh’s artwork as inspiration for your next home decor project.
Vincent van Gogh Color Palette: Vase with Twelve Sunflowers
Vincent van Gogh Color Palette: The Starry Night, c.1889
2. Shows your thoughtfulness. Select an art print that matches your gift recipient’s interests to show the care that went into choosing the gift.
3. Convenience. The stores and post offices are busy this time of year. Pick out the gifts you want from the convenience of your home. BandagedEar.com will ship your art prints or framed art prints anywhere you need them to go!
4. Art prints are big gifts! Everybody loves seeing a big gift with their name on it under the tree. Wrap up an art print, or better yet, wrap up a framed art print for an ever bigger gift!
5. Budget. Art prints are budget-friendly. Choose from among a wide variety of art prints from under $10. Upgrade any art print on BandagedEar.com to a framed art print, which costs less than framing an art print at a local frame shop.
6. Art prints: the gifts that keep on giving. Art prints add beauty to a living space by adding color and creating a central focal point. Unlike other gifts, art prints are enjoyed on a daily basis.