Framed art prints are a perfect accessory to add a pop of color and vitality to any room. BandagedEar.com offers professional framing services for all of its online art prints and posters. When choosing the matting, follow these simple tips for a framed art print that is right for you.
- Choose cool-colored mats for cool-colored art prints and warm-colored mats for warm-colored art prints.
- Choose a mat color that is lighter than the art print.
- The mat should be lighter than the frame
- Choose mats up to double the size of the frame (i.e. you can use a 4” mat for a framed art print with a 2” frame). This rule only applies to the top mat.
- The inner mat should always be smaller than the outer mat.
- Avoid matching the mat with dominant colors in the art print. Choose a mat from a secondary color to complement the art print.
- Choose white or off-white as the inside mat for art prints with dominant mid-tone colors.
- Avoid using a black inside mat if the art print does not have black or deep gray.
- Avoid using black mats for prints that are all pastel or mid-tone colors.
- Extremely light or dark art prints will look best with two mats. For art prints that are mostly black, an inner white mat is appropriate with an outer black mat. The opposite is true for mostly white pictures.
The cost of framing your art prints with BandagedEar.com is virtually always going to cost you less than a local framer. Your framed art print will be professionally assembled for a high quality artwork you will be proud to display. Visit BandagedEar.com today to choose from among tens of thousands of art prints.